Having a Facebook presence is crucial to your business's visibility and can have a positive effect on your SEO strategy. The SiteBuilder's Facebook Page Publishing feature enables you to seamlessly integrate your website and publish it as a new tab on your Facebook Page. This new feature was designed to fit perfectly with the new Facebook page timeline layout.
Once you've published your website to Facebook, your Facebook fans will be able to explore your website, shop from your Online Store, or complete a contact form - all without leaving Facebook. It also makes it easier to promote your site on Facebook because it's integrated into your page.
And, to make it easier to manage, each time you update your website, those changes will automatically be propagated to your Facebook page!
How can I enable the Facebook Page publishing feature?
Once you have published your site, you can enable Facebook publishing using one of these two methods:
- Hover your mouse over the Publish button.
- Next to Facebook Publishing click on Configure.
- In the dialog box that opens, click on Connect with Facebook. You will be taken through the process, which includes a one-time sign-in to your Facebook account. This is done to allow the SiteBuilder to communicate with your page and publish to it.
- If you have more than one Facebook Page, select the Facebook Page you'd like to publish your site on.
- Click OK.
- Your Facebook Page will automatically be updated when you republish your site.
What happens if I add my website to a second Facebook Page?
A site can only be connected to one Facebook page. If you connect your site to a new Facebook page, the previous connection is broken and the tab on the first page won’t resolve. If you’d like to create tabs on multiple Facebook timelines, we suggest you create multiple websites.
What happens if I don’t have a Facebook Page?
You can create a new Facebook page here
What happens if I didn’t update my Facebook Page to the new timeline?
Facebook publishing will still work, but your page will have a horizontal scroll bar. You can update your Facebook pages to use the new timeline here
Can I publish a different SiteBuilder website to Facebook rather than use my main site?
Yes! To do that, we suggest that you create a new website, and then publish that website to Facebook.