This article will show you how to perform a traceroute on Windows and Mac. When you see "domain.com" used, keep in mind that this is an example. You should replace "domain.com" with your real domain name. Let's begin:
Running a Traceroute on Windows XP/Vista/7/8:
1. Go to Start and choose "Run"
(start button on the lower left of the desktop)
Alternatively you can press buttons "Win" and "R" simultaneously.
2. Type: "cmd"
4. This should bring up a DOS prompt or terminal (the black screen). Once there, type: "tracert domain.com" (again, without quotes and domain.com should be your actual domain that you have hosted with GlowHost.)
This should result in a series of hops from your computer to the server you are tracing to.
You can copy this data to your clipboard by right clicking on the title bar of the DOS window and choosing "select all' then right clicking the title bar again and selecting "copy."
Running a Traceroute on MacOs:
1. Click on Launchpad and type "terminal".
2. Click on "terminal" icon.
3. Type "traceroute domain.com" - domain.com should be your actual domain that you have hosted with GlowHost.
4. You can select and copy results as in usual editor.